This portion of the site will discuss the options you have in a custody battle. No situation is exactly the same, but every child custody issue affects some child. The most important thing is to keep the child’s interests at heart. In doing that you will align with the court’s interest. Every court is ultimately going to do what is best for the child. Some solutions may be unconventional, but as long as they are in conformity with the best interests of the child then you have a pretty safe bet the court will agree with you.
It’s important to remember that there is no perfect solution. The courts recognize that in any custody battle the parents, the children, the grandparents, and other interested parties are going to be dissatisfied. Try to remember that everyone in the dispute has rights and valid opinions. Try working together. Obviously this is not always possible and that is regrettable. But to the extent possible find solutions that work for everyone.
There are endless discussion points on child custody. But we will focus on the most common. When in doubt, contact a professional. Follow the links for the topics listed below:
- Tips for anyone who is currently learning about your rights in a child custody battle.
- A close look at how to find more information
- How each jurisdiction differs?
- What rights do I have as a mother involved in a child custody dispute?
- What rights do I have as a father in a child custody dispute?
- What rights do I have as a child in a child custody dispute?
No matter which side of the dispute you are on, you have rights. You can learn them here and learn how to become more educated.
Image by: dcysurfer